Saturday, June 5, 2010

Gotcha Day ...

It's 6:30 am here and less than 10 hours until we're scheduled to meet Josie. Honestly, I can't believe it. I feel emotionally disconnected to this entire process, this entire trip. I know it is because it's my way to get there. This journey is hard every step of the way. The paperwork, the waiting, the second guessing, the excitement, the anticipation, the love, the faith. The love and faith have definitely got us through.

About two years ago, out of the blue, God placed this on my heart. The desire to adopt internationally. I never thought of it before but so began this journey. Every step of the way, hard but easy at the same time. It's difficult to describe. And now we're less than ten hours away from meeting our new daughter. No doubt the journey will continue to be hard and easy as we get to know this precious gift we've been given. I feel honored to be here. Not worthy, really but I can feel that it is right. God has placed a calmness over me that I can't describe. He put us here and we're grateful we took the leap.

I read a quote that went something like "you don't know how strong you are until you have to be". How true that is? This strength was given to us when Noah was born and we went through many highs and lows. We are strong, God made us strong and now we have our amazing 13 year old Noah and know the reason we endured. Then came Jackson and Trent who are equally amazing. Again, God gave us strength to have more children. We did not fear more ups and downs. We knew God would be there no matter what came our way. And now, another amazing child will be a part of our family. I have not doubt she will bless us more than we can imagine. I am excited to see Ben father a daughter. I'm excited to be a mother to a daughter. Here come the tears .... I know they would show up soon.

Thank you for all your support and prayers. I can't wait to introduce you to our precious Josie. Please pray that we will display to her the fruits of the spirit ... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self control. Did I forget any? I may have but God knows what we need.

Love to all!!! Next post will definitely be after "gotcha"!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment